A2 RIHLA #27


Advertisement
North America
May 28th 2013
Published: May 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This event is taking place in the United States. In the United States Marine Corps two female officers took the Marine Corps infantry officer training course for the first time in Marine Corps history. The two Lieutenants didn't make it past the first round of the training. They were given a chance to make history in the Marine Corps but couldn't conquer the challenge. Not to say women can't do it, I believe if you allow more females to partake, more will pass. The human right to be equal before the law and the right to free choice of employment. I think that it is nice that women have been given the chance to try a course in which 25% of all men who take the course drop out voluntarily. I just don't think women are being given the fair opportunity to lead Marine forces. I also believe that people have to think realistically about the situation. I personally believe that male Marines who are 18-24 years old are not going to respect a 20 something year old women leading them in a combat situation. I think that General Amos is taking a great step towards total equality in the Marine Corps.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb