RIHLA # 20


Advertisement
North America
March 6th 2013
Published: March 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. How does piracy continue to exist in the modern world?

Piracy steals exist in the modern world because pirates like to hijack ships and take all the valubles that are carried around on the ship. They attack off the Horn of Africa have shown that piracy is still highly profitable. Somali pirates continue to strike. On water they are call pirates, and on land they are called people who steal.

2. How are authorites trying to combat the problem? Do you think there are other solutions?

The European Union toughened its antipiracy mandate to allow forces patrolling the Indian Ocean to attack bases in Somalia. Even though Somalia holds dozens of vessels and crew members it is reduces from a few years ago.

3.Do you think piracy (both during the Age of Exploration and now ) is ever justifiable?

No I do not think that piracy is ever justifiable. It is not right what they are doing , but maybe that is what they are used to and have learned growing up. It is hard to change someone from doing something they are used to doing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb