B6 RIHLA #5


Advertisement
North America
October 15th 2012
Published: October 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Part 1

1. Pericles defines democracy as a constitution that is in the hands not of the few, but of the many. He also goes on saying that the laws secure equal justice for all in their private disputes, and the public opinion welcomes and honors talent in every branch of achievement, not for any sectional reason but on grounds of excellence alone.

2. Pericles says that in order for a person to be a good citizen they need to attend both public and private duties, and do not allow absorption in their own various affairs to interfere with their knowledge of the city's.

Part 2

If I was able to time travel back to the time of Ancient Greece, I feel that I would prefer to live as an Athenian. I feel this way because after reading what the Spartans have to do I see it as a lifestyle that is more easier. The Spartans that are of youth must basically spend their whole life training for battle, which is really rough. This also goes for women too because if your a woman in a Spartan society you are used for making more baby boys to provide warriors for war. The Spartan society would be using you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb