The Walmart welcome!


Advertisement
North America
July 20th 2012
Published: July 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day one of the GS greenlee/smith) adventure began with the pick up and packing of our RV from cruise America-think of the movie "family vacation" and you'll get the picture. Big Willy took the helm at 6pm and we departed Raleigh with the other 20 thousand cars on 40-rain,thunder and lightning followed us most of the way to Knoxville where the skies really decided to open up. Fearful of tornadic activity we checked the ever trusty weather channel before parking at Walmart, yes a 24 hr-super center Walmart, for the evening. In case your wondering-people do shop at Walmart at 1am-one man was in ther with his 3 yr. old contemplating a trike purchase. We had a lovely spot beside a tree though we could hardly enjoy the view due to the torrent of rain. Unfortunately the RV is not completely waterproof and we had considerable leakage wetting bedding and stored clothing. We left our beloved Walmart at 5:30am and yes there were shoppers...go figure. So we are off to Kansas city after a fabulous breakfast at the famous Wiki Stop truck stop-zagat rating of-1. Until Kansas city this is GS signing off-you betcha.

Advertisement



20th July 2012

I hope y'all are video taping this adventure. You could have a movie to make. Sounds like the beginning of a National Lampoon's vacation movie!!! Keep us posted and safe travels.
25th July 2012

Yes, Ann is wearing a go cam on her helmet , surprise!! Making lots of BFF .
21st July 2012

Iowa is hot
or so we hear...any chance they have airconditioned bikes?
21st July 2012

Jennifer Slingluff would love this trip
Wow, your first blog entry certainly painted a colorful picture. I am sure weatherman Willis is keeping up to date on the ever changing weather conditions. Tell Willis that South Charlotte had 6 to 8 inches of rain in 2 hours yesterday, with 3 1/2 inches falling in 45 minutes. The roof at Southpark Mall collapsed in 2 places and flooded the mall. Mall closed indefinitely. Ben knows that Ann normally thinks 6 - 8 inches for 2 hours is a good thing but in this instance, it wasn't. Good luck & drive carefully!!

Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb