Toto-we aren't in Kansas anymore-Kansas City that is.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 23rd 2012
Published: July 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We left the great city of Kansas City(and the 300 count sheets of the Intercontinental hotel) got back in the RV and-with the expert driving of Big Willy (and for 15 minutes Ann) drove to Sioux City, Iowa. Of course we had to stop along the way at a Walmart, Best Buy, Hy-Vee's and a Lowes. Heaven forbid we make a list and just make one stop but I digress. Arrival in Sioux City was an experience of total sensory overload-bikers, campers, RV's, people, people, people...we had a personal ATV escort to our RV site and along with the thousands other riders set up camp for the night. Dinner was a fried pork tenderloin sandwich and homemade ice cream for dessert. Ann also sampled some local brat after asking a nice young man for a bite( the people in Iowa are so nice). After some local entertainment and a few beverages we arrived back to the RV and a non-flushing toilet(note to all of you RV'er wanna be's-NEVER rent from CruiseAmerica.

Up and at 'em early Sunday morning we hit the route to Cherokee by 7-all I can say is that it was an amazing experience-people lined the route with signs, food, free water, waves of encouragement,more food and did I mention food? Pies, Ice cream, pork chops, eggs on a stick, pork on a stick, corn on the cob, turkey legs, steak on a stick-it was a foodtopia.And so the Greenlee/Smith's and 20 thousand other riders ate and rode their way to Cherokee. We were welcomed into the home of Karin and Randy Cedar-our RV is in theirdrivewaythey have have given us full use of their home-I told you people in Iowa are so nice. Kelly's sister Robin cooked us a fantastic dinner-the boys have gone to town to sample some local beverages and Kelly and I are well...tired. 60 some odd miles await us tomorrow and it is supposed to be a scorcher.

Signing off-from Cherokee, Iowa "you betcha"

Advertisement



24th July 2012

Once an Iowan always an Iowan.
This is the time to do this sort of thing and with fun people.Be safe. Dr. David ( I am stickie) joke from years ago. Nana

Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0783s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb