Tuesday, April 17, 2012


Advertisement
North America
April 19th 2012
Published: April 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On Tuesday, after going back to our hotel to take a much needed nap, we left Las Vegas to head south. We had to do a little backtracking through Lake Mead to eventually make it to our destination. I'd love to tell you where that was, but I'm in a bit of a cold medicine induced daze. Mike doesn't remember either. Oh wait, he just told me we were in Casa Grande, Arizona.

Anyway, we left Vegas and were in lush, green scenery for a few hours. Then, we went up a hill, and as we came down the other side, the landscape had changed. All the difference a mountain range can make! Again, we were in cowboy country, with sandy soil and bushes. We were amongst the mountains again, each one looking like it was hand sculpted. Everywhere we looked, it felt like we were in a painting. Then, the cacti started appearing. First, one, then a few in a bunch, then forests of them. That was pretty neat!

We stopped for "lupper" at a Mexican restaurant on Route 66. We were in luck. The meal was delicious. And check out the picture of the food that came before the meal!

Until next time,

Cheers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

AppetizerAppetizer
Appetizer

This is the food that came BEFORE we ordered our food : chips, bean dip and two salsas - hot and mild.
Mexican desertMexican desert
Mexican desert

Little strawberry filled shells. Yum!


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb