Monday, April 16, 2012


Advertisement
North America
April 18th 2012
Published: April 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

First, let me start off by wishing a belated happy birthday to my friend Janice. I realized as I was tucking away the computer in the truck that I had not mentioned her birthday on our blog, so I called her at once and she was "fortunate" enough to be sung the happy birthday song by yours truly. Bonne fĂȘte, ma belle!

On Monday, we did some backtracking in order to bring back our rental vehicle to Las Vegas. We took it easy, stopped at a country store to buy local pistachios, enjoyed the scenery, the vineyards and the orchards. Then, we stopped at an In-N-Out Burger for supper, a "must" for Mike as he enjoyed this place when he was last in California. The menu is simple: burgers, fries and drinks. No chicken, no salads, no hotdogs or chili. Just burgers and fries. Although apparently, there is an unofficial menu that Californians can order from, one that is not written on the board. Will have to check it out for our next trip.

It was after supper that we realized that we still had about six hours of driving to do to get to Vegas. Ouch. It's a good thing the hotel was reserved and paid, because I don't think we would have made it!

So we arrived in Vegas around midnight. But do you think we could go directly to bed? Of course not! We booked our room n the old part of the city, and had to check out the Fremont Experience! So we crawled into bed a little past one o'clock, and were up at six again to bring back the rental to the airport. Double ouch! Finally, we opted to go back to the hotel after that for a nap. The rest of the story awaits you in Wednesday's post!

Until then,

Cheers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



18th April 2012
Fremont street, Las Vegas

Merciii!
That was the best Happy Birthday in the history of happy birthdays! Merci ma tite Monique!

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb