RIHLA #22


Advertisement
North America
March 12th 2012
Published: March 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Summarize your article

The article I read was about the KONY 2012 video. This talks about the crisis with Joseph Kony and the children that he is abducting. The video that was made about the children has recieved over 70 million hits on youtube. Although many people want to help with the cause some are very skeptical and think that the website and video is a scam to give money to an organzation that doesnt need it.

2. How does your current event relate to topics or ideas that we have discussed in world history. Explain fully

This relates to world history because the whole reason that the video was made was to show that America cares about the crisis and that we want to help. This will hopefully allow America to be able to help with the problems in Uganda. This shows nations trying to come together based on the social media and it is a breakthrough in history.

3. Is there evidence of cause and effect in your article? How so?

There is evidence of cause and effect.

Cause: Video was made to inform people about the Kony issue in uganda.

Effect: Some people began to care enough to help and some people became skeptical about the issue.

4. What powerful questions does your article make you ask? What information do you need to answer these questions?

-Why are some people so skeptical?

-How can we determine what is the truth and what is a lie?

-What about the video makes people push themselves to want to act and do more?

Advertisement



Tot: 1.973s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb