RIHLA #21


Advertisement
North America
March 5th 2012
Published: March 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

Modern Slavery can be seen as many different things. As long as their is one group opposing another. One form of modern slavery is white slaving. This has changed because the forms of slavery are more dramatic and have larger personal mental reprecussions.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

This connects to the legacy of President lincoln because lincoln made many points of helping out with the inequalities. Some of the amendments that he proclaimed and began these can be effective in helping and bringing out the importance of equality.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

The Polaris is an organization that specializes in helping those who suspect that they may be living in traffiking areas. They provide 24 hour help. I appreciate this program because I am really intrested in the prevention of white slaving or sexual trafikking of young girls.

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?

I belive that it is a form of slavery because it is someone that is taking away someones legal rights and choices and it is also unfair against women and young girls.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?

Immigrants and how they are treated unfairly.

6. Additional thoughts/questions?

No

Advertisement



Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb