RIHLA #19


Advertisement
North America
February 20th 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post


• What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?


Some of the reasons that the books were banned were because of sexual content and teen drinking and partying influence.


• Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.


I do not agree with these reasons because in the novels mentioned the teenagers learned lessons from the actions that were said to be so awful. Some of these lessons are important for teens to know or read about.


• What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?


I do not agree with the books being banned for sexual content and profanity. I dont agree with this because these are things that teens are exposed to in everyday lives already.


• Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?


I think that parent pressure teachers on what they should teach. I think that if parents think that information is not appropriate for thier children they will go through whatever to get them to not teach that topic.


• If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.


One way that people could fight against the censorship is by providing examples of how it is important and vital to learning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.386s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1094s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb