RIHLA #18


Advertisement
North America
February 14th 2012
Published: February 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Name of Interviewee: Marilyn Baker

2. Relationship to Interviewee: My Mother

3. Decade of Choice: 80's

4. Describe the environment in which you lived for that decade: She lived in a Lincoln Park, Chicago in a studio apartment by herself.

5. What major activities did you participate in? Went to the theater and other cultural events.

6. What were the major social issues of that decade? Their were still many divisions among races and genders. The white upperclass were focused on becoming wealthy.

7. What was the biggest turning point for you during that decade? Why? She became one of the african american woman to manage a development team at time incorporated as a supervisor.That was a turning point because it was the first time that she was in charge of a group of men.



Part Two (Your Reflection):

1. In your own words, do you think that location has influenced this person’s actions? If so, explain. I think that the enviornment made her thrive because of the type of enviornment and everyones will to succeed.



2. Do you think your location within the last decade of your life has influenced your actions? Explain. I think that my enviornment at noble has influenced me to work hard. It has influenced me because everyone is expected to wor hard and suceed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 984.7kb