RIHLA #21


Advertisement
North America
March 5th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

In earlier slavery, people were brought from other countries, mostly Africa, to enslaved in America. <span> Presently, people are being taken from their homes to be made housekeepers, maids, and/ or prostitutes. The present movement against human sex trafficking relates to Lincoln’s legacy, because people who may not be directly effected by what is taking place are trying to stop the movement. Additionally, just as Lincoln began the movement to abolish slavery in the 1800s, there are people now banning together to abolish human trafficking. The Polaris project is an anti-trafficking organization. I think that this project is a good way to estimate the number of people being trafficked in order to figure out the most effective way to stop it. I do feel that human trafficking is a form of modern slavery because it is a way that people force others to work with no pay in ways that dehumanize them. I think that child labor in third world countries is another form of modern day slavery because children are working for little money in harsh conditions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb