RIHLA #22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 12th 2012
Published: March 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Recently, Kony 2012 has been very popular in social media. This was the main topic of my article as it discusses the abduction of a young man, Jacob Acaye, and his escape. Not only does the article express how Acaye was abducted, but thee article also discusses the treatment of children who have been abducted by Kony and his Lord's Resistance Army (LRA). This article relates to topics discussed in class such as slavery. When thinking of slavery, images of people being kidnapped from their homes and villages and being sold can't be avoided. This relates to the actions of the LRA in Uganda because for over 20 years they have been invading villages and kidnapping children from their homes. Many of these children have also had to deal with being raped and executed. This article does not give an event that may have led to the beginning of Kony's terrorization in Uganda. This article raises the question of whether or not this movement is taking place too late to actuslly be effective. In order to accurately and effectively answer this question, one must consider the current state of Uganda and the current and possible impact that Kony 2012 may have on the public.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 999.3kb