rihla 19, castillo1


Advertisement
North America
February 22nd 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?
Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.
Books are banned from highschools if they have explicit words or content that may not be in best interest of the school curriculum, and I dont agree with these reasons because they are violating the first amendment that constitutes freedom of speech and press.

What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why? I think students should be able to read anytype of books because books are made to inform and to acknowledge a issue in society That everyone should be aware of no matter the age or place.

Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?
If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so. The board of education and parents influence the books that are prohibited in schools that teachers give to students. One way to fight against censorship of books is to join a support group rallying or petitioning for books and also you could ask librarians or teachers of groups that feel the same way you do and join them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb