RIHLA #18


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 13th 2012
Published: February 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Name of Interviewee: Dan cartwright

2. Relationship to Interviewee: advisor

3. Decade of Choice: (The person should choose one decade from their life to refer to) 90's high school

4. Describe the environment in which you lived for that decade.urban/ Suburb orange county irvine house with parents and older sis. voted top five safest city in california.

5. What major activities did you participate in? Boyscott, football, basketball, track, field, high jump, shot put, disics, volunteered for special olympics

6. What were the major social issues of that decade?alcohol abuse, drug abuse, Run aways teens , Racism, 1-14 african american to graduate in his class.

7. What was the biggest turning point for you during that decade? Why?
Dad losing his job which fostered financial problems which encouraged dan to work to help family. This was wen he realized he had to start growing up.

1. In your own words, do you think that location has influenced this person’s actions? If so, explain. The location did influence Dans life because it gave him challenges toovercome and he did like racism and financial problems.

2. Do you think your location within the last decade of your life has influenced your actions? Explain. My location has influenced my action because i live in a bad gang invested neighborhood along with a lot of drug activity, but doubt all that negativity i came up and felt like i needed and deserved better.so in result to my bad neighborhood i dedicated myself to get a good education and not end up like the loss individuals in my neighborhood.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0877s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1.1mb