RIHLA #19


Advertisement
North America
February 22nd 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?

-Some of the reasons why books were banned in high schools are that they books included sexual content, negative consequences, drug abuse, teen pregnancy, or profanity.

Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.

-No I do not agree because the books are simply including major problems that are in our society today. These books can show what the world has come to and maybe the books can help people understand the major issues

What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?

-I think high school students should be able to read these books. As I stated before, e readers will be able to see the different problems in our society. These books can possibly helps the audience understand the major issues today.

Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?

-I think that the government pressures teachers n what they should or shouldn't teach. Since books are being banned, teachers also have to adapt. Teachers are being told by others what books they are allowed and not allowed to teach tho students.

If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.

-If someone wanted to fight against book censorship I wanted I would place a protest. I would try to have many followers so there is a bigger affect.



CDC

Any other additional thoughts or comments?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb