RIHLA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 6th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

<ol style="list-style-type: decimal;"><li style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; line-height: 20.0px; font: 16.0px Chaparral Pro;">According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?



According to this article modern slavery is different to slavery in the past, but it can still be scene as slavery. Modern slavery is scene to be forced to do action that you do not want to do. Some people might get paid and there is not a lot torture as there was in the forms of slavery seen in the past.
<ol style="list-style-type: decimal;"><li style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; line-height: 20.0px; font: 16.0px Chaparral Pro;">Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?



This movement greatly connects to President Lincoln. The connection is that President Lincoln was seen to have ended or abolished slavery, however there are still examples of evidence of slavery today.
<ol style="list-style-type: decimal;"><li style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; line-height: 20.0px; font: 16.0px Chaparral Pro;">Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?



the Polaris project is a projects meant to raise awareness of sex trafficking. This program was also created to help victims and prevent from there being more victims of sex trafficking.
<ol style="list-style-type: decimal;"><li style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; line-height: 20.0px; font: 16.0px Chaparral Pro;">Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?



I do believe that human sex trafficking is an example of modern day slavery. Slavery forcing or threatening others to do things they most likely want to do. Human sex trafficking is doing the exact same thing. Human sex trafficking is forcing people to do things they would not like to do.
<ol style="list-style-type: decimal;"><li style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; line-height: 20.0px; font: 16.0px Chaparral Pro;">In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?



I believe working for literally no pay is an example of slavery today. People should not be working if they are barely have to live buy. Besides barely getting paid, people are being threatened to work in something they do not want to work in.

6. Additional thoughts/questions?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb