RHILA #19


Advertisement
North America
February 21st 2012
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?

The three mian reasons why books are banned is because they have sex,profanity, or rascium as one their main themes.



Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.

I agree with the sex but not the profanity or the racisum. The reason is because sexual content is usually restricted to those 18years or older. But profanity and racisum can be found in our everyday world. Also, I feel that learning aout racisum and how people were affected byit is important so that people can learn not to do it.

Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?
If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.
I think that it is the parents principals and the board of education that pressures teachers on what they should and should't teach. One way to fight censorship would be to get parents and teachers that are okay with the books that have been black listed to sighn a petetion to allow the books back in school.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb