Rhila # 17


Advertisement
North America
February 5th 2012
Published: February 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Do you agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man IDEAL? Why or why not? Do you think men like that exist today?

Yes and no, because a kind man has the respect of the people that he commands and they are loyal to him. This makes them less likly to turn on him. But then there are always the evil men that are naturally vile and would betray him thinking that he is weak because he is kind.



2. Why do you think Castiglione THOUGHT men should live and act the way he described?

Because if all the men acted as such, then there wouldn't betrayl between people, and there would be kind and just rulers. With men that are kind, there would be less conflict throughout the world.



3. Do you think it is better to lead through fear or love? Explain fully.

I think its best to use both. Be kind and treat others with respect. This will have people love you and be loyal to you. And, if you are aalso stern with your lawsa and make sure people know not to cross you, then you will also be feared. This will give you love, fear, and respect from your people.



4. Choose any leader throughout world history (you will likely have to do some research here) and create an argument that presents this individual as leading either by love OR fear –

<span>· How do you know this? What is your evidence? What was the effect of this leadership style?

<span>· Your answer should be a minimum of 5-8 complete sentences. Watch your grammar!

Martin Luther King was perhaps the most important leader of history. King was a man that lead his people with love, and fought his enemies with peace. He lead peacful marches is several states, protesting against discrimination. The effect of this was that he appeared so much stronger and braver facing vilolence with peace. Because of his leadership, he was able to gather thousands of people to his cause and participate in non-violent protests.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb