RHILA #21


Advertisement
North America
March 4th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

Because people are not enslaving others in the same way. It is not public, and the work people are forced to do is different.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

Because human sex trafficking is forcing another human to do something thaat they don't want to throw violenece and inhuman treatment. This is similiar to how slave was befor the civial war, which is how it relates to Presdient Licoln.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

It is to raise awareness in the nation about this new form of slavery so that sex traffickers would not be able to get away with it as easily.

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?

Yes because those that are enslaved are mistreated and forced to do thigs that they don't want. That is the same that is happening in the sex trafficking business.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?

I believe that there is a form of slavery drug trafficking because there are people that are forced to work in these places where they prepare the drugs by force. So this is the same as the sex trafficking.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb