Rihla#19


Advertisement
North America
February 21st 2012
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?
Some books are banned because of profanity, sex, religion, racism, and etc..
Many parents believe that these contents should not be accessible to young adults in books that can be easily accessed.

Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.
I do not agree with these reasons because many students need to know what is really going on in the "real world". It is important to be aware of your surroundings , and it is important to learn form other people's mistakes.

What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?
I think students should be able to read about these topics because at anytime in their lives that can experience any of the situations ,and it might be helpful for some students to think it through like a character.

Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?
I think the parents pressure teachers on what they should and should not teach. I think this because the teachers don't want parents to be upset with what they learn.

If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.
You could fight against book censorship by disregarding what anyone has to say and read whatever you'd like to read. Make sure your voice gets heard.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb