rihla #20


Advertisement
Bermuda's flag
North America » Bermuda
March 5th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

Modern slavery is different because it doesn't necessarily deal with plantation and slave houses, it deals more with human trafficking for money. Modern slavery is so corrupt ,and it is hard to distinguish.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

The movement of human sex trafficking connects to the legacy of president Lincoln because he was the one trying to abolish slavery , and he passed the emancipation proclamation. While a program/organization is trying to abolish human sex trafficking,

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

The Polaris project was developed to be there for those who suspect or are victims of human trafficking. They want to make sure human trafficking is abolished. I think this project is good because it shows the victims that they are not alone ,and if they trust the organization then they will be able to get rid of those who deal with the human trafficking.

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?

I think that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day trafficking because they both hold people back from what they truly want to do.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?

I can not think of any other form of slavery other than what was named in the article.

6. Additional thoughts/questions?

How are they going to advocate this program? And how will they gain their popularity?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb