The Thing???


Advertisement
North America
November 14th 2011
Published: November 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

the thingthe thingthe thing

worth the stop
Interstate 10 is the home of The Thing??? A billboard visible to advertise for it once a mile at least 100 miles out. How can you not stop? The large yellow billboards spark curiosity especially since there is literally nothing else to stop for. So we exited when told and walked into on of the many Bowlin owned super stores. Tons of China made "Native American" trinkets and a door to the realm of The Thing. We paid our dollar to the cashier and began our journey to visit The Thing which we were told was in the third barn. The first barn had about 10 examples of cars, buggys, and carriages from the past, one of which was a Rolls Royce with Hitler dummy within. The second barn was tiny little dioramas of different wild west scenes and periods through out history. The third barn was the greatly anticipated, highly advertised, grand hurrah where we found a case built into the ground that contained a mummified woman holding a mummified baby, no labels, identification, or signage. Weird? Yes. With stopping for? Sure, why not. Sorry I ruined the surprise, you should still stop and see The Thing, it only costs a dollar to see get some good laughs while stretching your legs.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb