Expect the Unexpected... Even At Your Wedding


Advertisement
North America
November 11th 2011
Published: November 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

bye bye shelby cobrabye bye shelby cobrabye bye shelby cobra

at least you lasted long enough for photos
We pulled up in our sweet 66 Selby Cobra, the staff said we could drive through right then and get married. since we were so early, we knew our family and friends weren't gathered yet so we asked if we could wait and they said that was fine. So Jimmy pulled our car into the valet lot to make a u-turn and park temporarily and that's when the hood started steaming and the car stopped in it's tracks. Apparently while we drove to the wedding a piece of something had fallen off, released a belt, and now we were leaking extreme amounts of coolant. We were in the way of all the limos trying to pull around so Jimmy's dad and stepdad helped us push it into a parking spot. So much for a drive thru wedding 😉 i suggested we walk through and was stoked we had already gotten some really awesome photos with the cobra. But while I mingled with the arriving guests, Jimmy called Dream Car Rentals and told them whatbhad happened, that we needed a convertible for a drive thru wedding immediately. Next thing I know, a tow truck and a silver Chrysler Prowler show up. After taking an unfathomable number of photos, cracking up about our car, and hugging and kissing all the amazing people that made the trek to watch us get married, we were back in business. In line to pull up to the drive thru window, with so many loving people waiting and watching was fun. The wait was long, their were confusions, a late videographer, but enormous amounts of patience and love. Our vows were said, we kissed, and we were married, and once again, we cruised down the strip as the coolest 11.11.11 married couple out there!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1000.9kb