A Free Day in Vegas...


Advertisement
North America
November 12th 2011
Published: November 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We decided to stay an extra day before hitting the road so we could rest and spend the night with friends who had never been to Vegas. We started the day at Circus Circus brunch with Jimmy's fam, my in-laws 😉 and then headed to the MGM with my fam to see what was going on with the fight. Of course if you like to watch this sort of thing, you know I'm referring to the Pacquiao vs. Marquez fight which was the only other reason everyone was in Vegas that weekend. Spoiler alert, Pacquiao won. At $800-$1500 a ticket for not-so-great seats for something I find not-worth-watching we sat that one out. We did, however, partake in an audience survey at Television City. A pretty fun free activity in Las Vegas' MGM hotel, the Television City exhibit offers the opportunity to watch a current or future pilot of a show and evaluate what's good and ultimately help in determining what shows stay on the air. It takes about an hour but like I said, it's an entertaining way to fill an hour for free. We watched Two Broke Girls and answered questions about commercials for other shows such as Person of Interest, The Good Wife, and Unforgettable. Very cool, highly recommended activity! We then met up with friends and ate at Wichcraft, a highly over rated sandwich shop but was a great spot for people watching, especially for the scandalous women headed to the fight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb