RIHLA #4


Advertisement
North America
October 3rd 2011
Published: October 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

I chose to do my journal entry on domestic violence's effect on homelessness for a few reasons. I find it interesting that there are so many families that can end up homeless from domestic violence. My interest in domestic first sparked by the movie Enough. As a result, when i saw domestic violence as a cause for homelessness I became intrigued.
I would think that there would be shelters for homeless women and children. However, that is far from the truth. In the article it states that many people leave violent relationships without anywhere to go. As a result, they may try to receive a spot in a homeless shelter; however, the space in homeless shelters fills up quickly. With no place to go, many people are forced to sleep on the streets, which increases homelessness.
The article on homelessness states that often women that have become homeless have few resources. This includes places to go and information on how to get help. This relates to the amount of resources women hade under the Hindu and confucist religions. Women have less access to education under these religions which can be the case for homeless women.
This article made wonder why most homeless women are domestic violence victims. I also wonder are there any men that are homeless as a result of domestic violence. While reading this article I also began to wonder what causes people to become domestically violent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1000.5kb