A5 RIHLA 4


Advertisement
North America
October 3rd 2011
Published: October 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. I chose this article because I always wondered why people are homeless in this day and age. There are so many programs that are out in the United States to help you if you are in need. I have heard organizations that actually help people find jobs and even get them into a temporary apartment that they can afford.

2. I learned that people are homeless because of the bad economy. The bad economy led to job loss, which led to people not having money to pay for their homes. There has also been a decline in public aid for the homeless. For example, in 2006 the average price of an apartment rose by 113%. This rise made it impossible for a person living on social security to pay for an apartment.

3. In class, we have been talking about the "untouchables". These are the lowest class of people in India. They are not allowed to have good jobs or make a decent living because they were bad people in their past lives. The homeless are just like the Untouchables. They are both considered the lower parts of society that no one pays attention to, and because of their socioeconomic status they are unable to change there economic standing.

4. This article does not make me want to pursue anything. In our society, I do not find a valid excuse to be homeless because there are so many non-profits and other organizations that are out there to help you. There is always a way to improve your economic status in the United States with hard work. You can even be poor and still manage to go to school so that you can better provide for yourself and your family.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0717s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb