A5 RIHLA 3


Advertisement
North America
September 25th 2011
Published: September 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1.) This article relates to what we have been learning in class because we have been learning about Hinduism and how it led to the development of unfair social classes in early India. One of the social classes was the "untouchables". They were basically considered to be the lowest of the low in the society. Sadly, they still are.

2.) It is clear that the government want the caste system to change because they have passed laws making it illegal to do degrade people; however, it seems that the people do not want the way of life to change. This is evident in the rural areas of India where the law refuses to enforce the laws passed by the government. I think that the caste system is unfair because it doesn't even gicpve citizens the chance to improve their quality of life.

3.) The Dalits are treated how African Americans were treated in the South during slave times. Both groups were forced to "pay off debts" of their ancestors. Also, like African Americans, the Untouchables were forced into the lowest jobs society had to offer with no chance of them being able to improve their lives.

4.) I found it amazing that a religion allows this injustice to happen, especially in modern times. I find it highly depressing that people are unfairly treated like this. How can people be so cruel? What is their justification for not allowing people to change? Why are the untouchables not even a chance to make a better living? Has anyone ever thought that maybe the people should be thought of as actual human beings and give them a chance? What happens if the people aren't bad people at all? The world disgusts me at times...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb