Rhila 3


Advertisement
North America
September 26th 2011
Published: September 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. This article relates to what we are learning in class because the author talks about the costume and culture of the Indian people. It also talks about most of them are Hinduism. It also relates to what we are learning because we see how certain kinds of people are treated.
2. Based on the hinduism system test in class, I think people do not care about what goes on their society unless they are in the bottom. If people do care they don't show that they do. They want to ignore the issue for they won't get in trouble.
3. I think the way we treat minorities is the same way Indians treat the Dalits (untouchables). Like for example homeless people we don't even want to go near them because we think of them as dirty. Also immigrants we seem to ignore them because people see them as ignorant. And how minorities don't get paid much.
4. I think what shocked me the most was that a Dalit only earns about $1 a day. That is the lowest wage that I have ever heard. Also that they are classes and since the Dalits are the lowest they are in charge of doing the dirty work. Like cleaning streets and other things.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb