RIHLA #2


Advertisement
North America
September 19th 2011
Published: September 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Recently in World History, we learned how the development of agriculture lead to a seperation of power between men and women. This relates to a current problem in the United States. If you lookvat the income earned by men and women presently, it is evident that men earn a reasonably higher income than women. This is regardless of the field of employment they are involved in.
From the article I learned that even though. W have advanced as a nation, some of belief are still growing as a country. I also learned that it just became illegal for men and women to receive unequal wages a few decades ago. This is shocking to me because the women's rights movement took place decades ago. I also learned that there has just recently been an act put into affect for it to be necessary for genders to earn the same wages.
The one thing in the article that really upsets me is the fact that after all our nation has gone through, there is still a lot of discrimination. In the text it says that in 2007, women earned less in 20 of 25 fields. This is shocking to find that even in recent years women still seem to be at a disadvantage compared to men. It makes me feel that regardless of how we grow as a nation, as a gender, women will always be surpressed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1094s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb