A5- Rihla #1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 9th 2011
Published: September 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Craig Johnson, the author of 9/11 10 years later believes that the reason Jay Z's album "Izzo (H.O.V.A)" was such a big hit is quite simple. He believes that the sales of the album were record breaking because the album was bought mostly by young people. He in turn thinks that the purchasers of the album may not have been directly affected by the disaster that 9/11 was, so they were somewhat unconcerned with the events of the day.
In a sense, I have to agree with what Johnson had to say. Many young people are self involved, and they have little regard to what is going on in the world around them and how it may potentially affect their lives. However, there are some young adults who are very involved with the world around them and care about what happens in their nation. I feel that it may be unfair to say that all young people are unconcerned with what takes place if it doesn't directly affect them because in reality, it is just at plausible to think that they had no way of knowing what happened on September 11th as it is to say that they didn't care.
As the tenth anniversary of the terrorist attack that took place on September eleventh approaches, I think that the young people that lived in New York on that day to reflect on those events as well as the rest of the world. In history there is always the chance of past mistakes being repeated if they are not learned from. As a nation and a world, humans have to look back at the events of that day and understand how it has shaped our present society and how it will continue to effect us if we don't begin to learn from and understand the events of 9/11.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb