RIHLA#2


Advertisement
North America
September 19th 2011
Published: September 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

1. How does this article relate to what we are learning in class?
This article relates to what we are learning in class because we were reading and learning about the difference in genders and how men were usually the dominate one. Except for Egypt, women were the bigger person. Also it relates to what we are learning in class because it is main about the gender divisions in society.
2. What did I learn from this article?
One of the things I learned in this article was that men and women can have the same level of education or experience but the man would most likely get the higher position or higher paying job. Also I thought that was surprising because there are some powerful women as well as men so I thought after all these years it would be equal.
3. What about this article caused me to a) have a personal reaction and/or b) ask a question? Please refer
to direct quotes from the article that struck you as being important or interesting as you answer this question.
A)My personal reaction was that I couldn't believe that women still were not given equal opportunities. It was a shock because after all these years of fighting for equal rights, men still have a better oppurtunity.
B) in the quote, "Women still earn less than men". Why is this. Is there a reason why women are always overlooked when compared to men?. My only possible answer could be that Society believes men are stronger in life and can do more because they are looked at as stronger.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb