North to Alaska and back in 75 days


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
North America
August 25th 2011
Saved: October 13th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

North to Alaska-2011

Our BIG adventure.

Precious, precious, precious!Precious, precious, precious!Precious, precious, precious!

Grandchildren are your reward for not killing your kids when they were teen-agers, right? FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, 2011
Good news! The turbo reset itself or whatever was wrong with the engine wasn't wrong any more the next morning. Colorado, the panhandle of Oklahoma and the panhandle of Texas, all pretty flat land, but there's no place like home and Texas is home, no matter how far away from it we are. We got to Dallas around noon on Aug 25, 2011.

All in all, we were gone 75 days, drove 237 hours, traveled 10,100 miles, averaged 15.2 mpg and had a fantastic summer. However, we didn't complete the entire bucket list trip, so we are just going to have to go back.

If we had to say what our best experiences were, Jim would say the float/fishing trip on the Kenai River first and being sideswiped by the bear second. I would say flying to watch the grizzlies near the Katmai Preserve first and the float/fishing trip on the Kenai second. it's pretty cool that we were on the same vacation this time around.

Both of us think the best thing about coming to Texas is seeing Audrey and Elliot. It is pure joy to see a child running toward you yelling "Grandma" or "Grandaddy" with a huge smile across his or her cherubic face!

Thanks to everyone who read the blog, and a special thanks to those who enjoyed it and sent a comment. Every writer needs a little applause along the way! Now, off to Orange Beach.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb