Wyoming and Colorado


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado » Lamar
August 23rd 2011
Published: August 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After taking an extra day in Billings to ride the scooter (we had only towed it 4000 miles without riding it but once), it was back to driving the interstate, ready to be in Dallas now. No side trips; no sightseeing. In Cheyenne, WY, we stopped for the night at Terry Bison Ranch, a working bison ranch that also had camels and llamas, just 2 miles north of the WY/CO border. We read that the Senator's Steakhouse on the premises had the best burger in Wyoming, according to Bobby Flay and the Food Network. We decided to see if it was better than an "In and Out" Burger. After we got to the restaurant, we decided to have a steak instead. So we'll never know if it was the best burger in Wyoming. It's pretty cool that they have a train that takes visitors on a tour through the bisons and other animals. It has a dining car, so one can take the train ride and be served a meal as well.

All was going well as we drove through Colorado today until late in the afternoon when we started having some problems with the Via's engine. It could be that we lost the turbo; we will know more about that tomorrow. We will either be going OK or we will be limping into Dallas at 50 mph or less. We stopped in Lamar, CO at a campground that was an RV park plus a horse motel. Unfortunately, it was very close to the stockyards. Couldn't handle that, so moved to a different campground that turned out to be one that we will put on a favorite list.







Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb