Next step in the process


Advertisement
North America
April 28th 2010
Published: April 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Bob has been working tirelessly on the property. There are a lot of downed trees that needed to be cut up and stacked. He's pretty much done with that, but now we have to some burning to do. It rained yesterday and may rain again today, but it's the best time to burn. The inspector is supposed to come out today to inspect the MEGA holes we had dug for the drainfield. The guy who dug them for us wasn't very encouraging when it came to determining whether we'll be able to do a gravity system = which is the easiest and cheapest route. He was leaning more toward a pressurized system, which is seriously expensive. Then of course there was Les - our most knowledgable neighbor - who said that the inspector leans towards the "not nice" side. His friend designs drainfields and he tends to not pass designs unless they have been designed by this friend which costs a lot of money. So, we'll see how this plays out. What we end up doing will be determined by what kind of septic we are able to put in.
We went to Lakeview Bible Church last Sunday and really enjoyed it! There was a guest speaker from Whitworth College in Spokane who had a wonderful message from John 4. We had to bolt right after the service because of a meeting of the neighborhood water association up in Curlew that we needed to go to. This weekend we should be able to stay to get to know some of the people. I'm really looking forward to finding our new church home! We made it to the meeting with only a few minutes to spare. There were 7 of us there. It was great getting to know some of our neighbors - although there are several more. Most of the time was spent just yaking with everyone, which was great. We really enjoyed it! The meeting itself took about 10 minutes. And in that 10 minutes, Bob got voted Vice President and I got voted Sec/Treas.... and Ohhhhh, is he using his "rank" on me! We are going to have some fun with this one! And just for the record - Bob is not the boss o me....


Advertisement



28th April 2010

Hi
So you made it, what a journey. I had such a good time taking this trip with you. Thank You! And now your home safe and sound with a bucket list of thinga to do. It will be fun taking this nrw journey with you. Is it obvious,I HAVE NO LIFE! Oh well, life is GOOD. Later, Ronni
28th April 2010

So funny
Don is doing fair i think he caught a bug some where a long the way. Sounds like you are really getting in the act of things but it sounds like fun to me. glad you like the new church they will love you both i know that. Take car. Darlene

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.1kb