Day 28 - Contiki Day 6


Advertisement
North America
July 28th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Temp: 34°C

Day 28 started earlyish again, up at 6:30 for shower and brekkie (which today included waffles, toast and juice). We were on the bus by 7:45 (neally left Sampson behind in the room, he was not happy!) and we headed bound for Durango, Colorado. We were to meet a photographer at 9:00am for our first group photo with a pretty cool Rocky mountains backdrop.
Then headed back to the town to meet the people to take us Whitewater Rafting. There was about 30 of us doing that, about 15 people doing an off-road jeep tour and a handful that had to fill in 4 hrs coz they were too cheap or too broke to do either,
We all jumped on a bus and made our way down to the river, and jumped in. We were in a pretty tame boat which was nice as i didn't really feel like going for a swim even though it was already quite warm.
It was so pretty. The blue sky, green trees, chilly water but warm sun made for a lovely couple of hours.
We were then given a lil bit of free time in Durango when we'd dried out for lunch etc.
Jumped back on the bus to head for Albuquerque, New Mexico.
We stopped again for a 20minutes break, this time in a lil town called Cuba, New Mexico.
Nothing much happening here so we moved on for about another hour and a half and finally arrived in Albuquerque.
We got our rooms sorted and had showers, got ready and headed down to The Albuquerque Bar and Grill for dinner. This was again paid for by Contiki. I had chicken and alfredo pasta and it actually had some veggies in it....finally!!
We headed into the hotel bar for a few drinks, that closed at 10 so a few of us headed over to a bar called Neds. Well, this was real Albuquerque. Bikies standing out the front, bogans inside, the drawcard was $2 drinks. This wasnt only beer but spirits aswell!
I stuck round there til just after 12 before i dragged Lauren back to the hotel as we both have to be up in the morning at 5am to go hot air ballooning!! YAY!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Neds!!Neds!!
Neds!!

Cheapppp drinks!!
NedsNeds
Neds

Contiki Gang
NedsNeds
Neds

With Marnee, Lauren and Carl
NedsNeds
Neds

With Nathan
Neds.. on the way homeNeds.. on the way home
Neds.. on the way home

$2 Spirits! Wooo!


30th July 2009

Luv the blogs GREEEEEN with envy
Keep 'em coming Michelle, by the time you finish and get back home, I will have become so green I will have left work , gone to USA and followed your itinerary

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb