Day 1 to 3: from Charleston, SC to Memphis, TN


Advertisement
North America
July 27th 2009
Published: July 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi everybody.
For our english speaking friends finally also a blog entry. I'm gonna give you a short run-down of the last days. Look at the pictures in the other blog entries!
Regina and I left Charleston on Saturday at noon, after meeting our friend Cornel for lunch at the Blue Rose Cafe! It was sad to leave Charleston, but there is so much that lays ahead of us. Our first day took us to Ashville, NC. We drove a total of 302 miles that day. In Ashville we stayed with friends of ours and went to the Bele Chere music festival. Very nice outdoor festival, the whole town of Ashville has several stages with concerts, lots and lots of food and drink vendors and arts etc. We went there with Ann, her little son Alex, her mum, her two brothers and a friend of hers. Ann's brother John was so kind and let us stay at his house. Thanks!
The next morning we left early, because we had a long drive planned (was a total of 385 miles). After about 6 hours of driving (and crossing the time zone line to Central Time), we stopped at the Jack Daniel's distillery in Lynchburg, TN. Very interesting, unfortunately it was Sunday, so we did not get to do the tasting. But at least bought some souvenirs. From there we had only another hour and a half to drive to Nashville, TN. And as you can imagine, we had to go out to Broadway (that's where all the bars are) and and enjoy the life music. We saw a very good band which played Johnny Cash music, and we ended up singing Karaoke in another bar. Very fun night. Check out the pictures!
Day three started not quite as early, and we did not drive too far. Right now we are in Memphis, TN. Visited Graceland today and honored Elvis Presley. Now we found a hotel, went to the pool already and sure enough we will go out to Beale Street tonight.
Update will follow tomorrow....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb