Camp ends


Advertisement
North America
September 1st 2007
Published: September 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

So Camp ended on the 20th of August, which wseems so long ago now!
The last week of camp awas very hectic. The counsellors were presenting Final reflections and final council fire so we had dance practise and singing pratice... much to the dismay of my friend's ears...
So White won on final field day meaning white tribe won the entire summer competing which was great fun, we all got beads for our necklaces for that. At final council fire wee had an opening dance which went well even with the move named 'the death wheel'... 6 of us did the log which we did gospel style singing what happened every day that week to the tune of 'aint no mountain high enough!
The last night of camp we had final banquet which was a smei fancy meal, best camper awards and some speeches. Then we head to Jen-klo for final reflections, wee sang 8 songs and each had to say a little bit so it was basically a big tear fest. At the end we all lit candles and in sleepy hollow we ate all the left over food.
Next morning we weere all up on the front field early for the kids to leave on the bus to NY and phili so that was sad as well the rest of the morning the kids left gradually but it was better than first month because they actually came and said bye!
So they all left and we went to lunch which was odd beacusxe roy kit felt so empty!
We all had cleaning jobs, sweeping your room three times and mopping twice, 4 of us had to do the whole of sleepy hollow so that was really tiring. At night there was a bbq and we were in new cabins which was fun cos 10 of our closest friends had a cabin together so we felt like campers!
Next day more cleaning, this time lane ropes whioch were disgusting, covered in sea weed and dirt! we finished quick so got the night off, went for a meal to Dr Maurer's favourite restraunt and she happened to be there and paid our bill!
Monday morning was the worst, 14 counsellors left in a van to get the bus to different destinations so we were all in tears, officially the end. More kept leaving and there were about 8 left including me, Tanya, Claire and Madison who got picked up by Tanya's Mum. Leaving was really sad and it was odd to think I might never see the lake again, or walk to flag at 7am.
As we drove away though I started to get really excited about traveling which was starting the next day flying to Miami...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb