Let's Wade Through the Narrows and the Crowds


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 15th 2017
Published: July 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We slept in this morning, we needed it. After breakfast and getting into some clothes and shoes that we didn’t mind getting wet, we headed to Zion National Park. We entered the park and got to drive through some amazing tunnels into the park. The drive takes you on a winding road down into the canyon. We had to search for a parking spot. We checked every spot in the park and went out of the park into the town on the far side. Then we turned around and went back into the park and looked again. Finally we found a spot in the oversized lot.



We got into the long line for the shuttle bus. We rode the bus to the top of the canyon. This is the last of 9 stops on the shuttle. You cannot drive there yourself you must ride the shuttle. At the Temple of Sinawava you start the trails along the river. We walked the River Side trail to get to the Narrows. The Narrows is a trail that literally is walking up the Virgin River. We enjoyed the cool water and hike up the river. Grace enjoyed swimming in the deeper spots. Thanks Jared, Jen and Pappy for lending the walking sticks, they came in handy.



We had to trek back to the bus stop. There was a line waiting but we got to talk to the family in front of us that was from York, PA. They were visiting with a friend who lives in Las Vegas and came over for the day.



We rode back to the parking lot and loaded up. We headed back to the campground. We went swimming in the pool. We also got showers since it had been a few days without water so some of us were dirty!



We have WiFi here but no cell service. The WiFi is slower so it takes a while to upload each new blog. We have been typing them ahead of time but it takes a long time to upload all the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 50, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



19th July 2017

Walking trail through the water?? That's AWESOME!!!!

Tot: 1.263s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb