Our Version of The Amazing Race


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 14th 2017
Published: July 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After a brief snooze, we were on the road. Our final destination, Zion National Park. No technology for a while today. Taking a break to look at the scenery.



Our first stop was the Hoover Dam. It was 9:15 in the morning and the thermometer in Sid was already reading over 100 degrees. We made it through security and we were able to drive the camper across the Hoover Dam. We got out to a take a few pictures and then got back into Sid and headed back across the dam.



Our next stop was the Grand Canyon. We got to the grand canyon around 1/2 depending on which time zone the phones thought we were in. We were able to squeeze into an RV spot. We ate a quick lunch in the camper and walked down to the canyon. Grace was the map tour guide to get us to the canyon. We walked out the Hermit trail to photograph the amazing views. Jordan stayed to the side. We did not stay long because we still had miles to go before we could sleep!



The drive from the Grand Canyon to Zion had us drive through some Native American reservations.



We arrived at Zion Ponderosa Resort Park at around 9 due to the time change. We had to do a little maneuvering to get the camper up to the RV section and into the site. We do not have a lot of extra room in our site. The tree right out the door is a bit prickly, just ask Alexis.





We got set up, turned on the air, got something quick to eat, mac and cheese, and crawled into bed. Over 955 miles in 24 hours we were exhausted. In hindsight this leg was a little too long and we should have broken it up more. We are staying put for a few days before the trek on route 66 back to PA.


Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb