Off to the San Diego Zoo


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 13th 2017
Published: July 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Up and off to the San Diego Zoo today. It took a little over an hour to get to the zoo. Mr. T, our waze voice, took us through the residential areas to get into the zoo. We saw lots of flags for the PRIDE parade this weekend.



We started our day by riding up the Sky Tram to the top of the zoo to where the Alaska exhibits were located. We first stopped to watch the 4D movie of Ice Age No Time for Nuts. Grace giggled and screamed through the whole short. She was extremely engaged.



In the zoo we were able to see: giraffe, tigers, gorilla, mountain lions, hippopotamus, pygmy hippos, bears, panda bears, Koala, penguin, bear jail bears, tarantula, sharks, lions, elephants, meerkats, birds and lots more. It was a nice walk and mostly shaded.



We ate lunch at the Saber tooth café. It was very filling. Jordan and Grace got a kids meal with the souvenir bag and cup. Alexis got Pizza, Alis (Alex) got siracha bacon burger, and Jody got a salad.



After a day of walking the zoo, we returned to the beach campground. The girls had Ramon noodles for dinner and Jody and Alex had more leftovers. We changed into more comfortable clothes, packed down the camper and headed for the lights of the Vegas Strip. The girls turned off all tech at 10:00 pm and got some sleep.





After driving 4 hours to Vegas we arrived at 2:00 am. We were able to drive the camper up and back down the strip. Grace was disappointed that the M&M store was not open. As we left the Vegas strip we found a Walmart about 10 miles away. We could not sleep in the Walmart lot but the security guard said we could sleep in the Planet Fitness lot in the same complex. Another sweaty night in the camper. We slept for about 3 hours and we were back on the road again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb