Ride and Laundry Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 16th 2017
Published: July 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

After it took so long to find a parking space yesterday, we decided to get up early and head into the park. We also planned to bike in the park so we wanted to get out before the heat of the day. Around here the temperatures are 100-105 during the day.



We went in and were able to find a parking spot near the trail right away. We unloaded the bikes and had to pump up the tires. All of the changes in elevation in our travels had made some of them a little flatter. We then biked to the visitor’s center first. They have a water fill station. We filled our water bottles and biked the trail. It was a 3.5 mile round trip trail. It was paved and had a lot of blind turns. We also went over several bridges. It followed along a more quiet part of the Virgin River. We biked on the way back to the parking lot at the Museum to watch the 22 minute video about the creation of Zion National Park. We had to get a little learning in! Unfortunately we cannot get those 22 minutes back.



We headed into town to do some laundry. We had seen a laundry mat the day before when we were searching for a parking spot. It took 8 washers to get all of the clothes and towels we had accumulated since Yellowstone washed. We are hoping we will be good until we return to PA.



While waiting for the laundry Alex and the girls walked through town. It was Sunday so most of the shops did not open until 2pm. They did find an ice cream shop and got a treat. Then Alex and Jody walked to get some ice cream while the girls waited for the dryer. After a folding party of all those clothes we were in search of a grocery store.



We found a small market that had a parking garage. There was no way Sid would fit but they had a few oversized parking spaces out back. We got a few supplies and passed on a few things because the prices were extremely high. Typical for a tourist town!



We headed back to the camper to rest. Some of us were really grumpy and Alex was missing his Sunday afternoon nap. We all napped for a little bit. Grace really wanted to head back to the pool but some storms started rolling in. We just hung at the camper for a while. Alex tried to upload the blog and Jordan and Grace were playing games on the iPads. Jody and Alexis were reading.



The resort had ice cream and a movie so we went to the rec center for some treats. We ended up watching a good portion of Jungle Book. We also booked some activities for tomorrow. We headed up to the camper for bed. We decided we would sleep in tomorrow since this was our last day here before heading home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb