The Californian coast to Utah.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 17th 2015
Published: July 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hey Folks, as always we hope that this finds you well.

As you may recall we were going to hit the Californian Coast on our way to San Diego.

Our first stop was Santa Cruz which has a giant amusement park on the boardwalk, where we had to indulge in some arcade type games and interesting carnival food. The coast here is part of the Monterey Bay National Marine Park and extends down to San Simeon. The coastline is divine, the bluest that we have seen since Grand Cayman Island...so beautiful that it is comparable to our West Australian Coast. The marine life is abundant in this area, as you would expect. In one day traveling down the coast we saw sea lions, elephant seals ( bit stinky) and near a dozen whales, either their spouts or tails. To say it was breathtaking is an understatement.

We called into places like Monterey Bay, Seaside, Santa Maria, Santa Barbara and Ventura, where we enjoyed delicious seafood and saw some very old towns and amazing architecture, such as the Santa Barbara Courthouse which was completed in 1929 that is still a working Courthouse today.

Our last stop on the West Coast was San Diego, which was the first city in California. We learnt about it's history on a trolley tour and enjoyed watching the multitude of people dressed up for Comic Con. It is a really interesting place to visit.

After San Diego we passed through Vegas for some R n R and headed into Utah to visit Bryce Canyon. Each time we visit one of these amazing National Parks, we get a feeling of deep peace and calm...as if nothing can be wrong in the world. It's a feeling that only comes when surrounded by Nature's divine work.

Fortunately for us Utah is abundant with such places, including Capitol Reef National Park, Glen Canyon, Monument Valley and Lake Powell. The ever changing landscape is hard to comprehend. At times, it feels like you are on Mars and then the Moon. Unbelievable!!! We are truly thankful for these wonderful experiences!

The world really is a magnificent place.

Keep safe x


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement






Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb