It's a small world after all ???


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
July 10th 2015
Published: July 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It's been called the happiest place on earth and the place where dreams come true - Magic Kingdom is a truly special place. The minute you walk through the gates into Main Street USA, the magic captures you and spirits you away to a land of fairy tales and make-believe. Cinderella Castle stands majestically in the centre and marks the entrance to Fantasyland - home to Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Snow White, Ariel and the two newest residents, Elsa and Anna.

Our day began with photo's with Mary Poppins who was taking a stroll on her jolly holiday. Two rides on Space Mountain were followed by the family favourite, It's a Small World. (Not really, my family hate both the ride and the catchy song that plays all the way round the boat trip) I make it a condition of entry to Magic Kingdom that they ride it at least once!

A long queue for Splash Mountain then straight on to use our fast pass to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad before a fun photo opportunity with Woody and Jessie from Toy Story. There are rumours that if you shout 'Andy's coming', the characters lay on the floor and play dead. We had plans to test out the theory but someone beat us to it and proved it to be false.

We took our turn on several more rides before committing ourselves to a 2 hour wait to meet Elsa and Anna. Yes, 15 year old Lily welcomed waiting in line with lots of little princesses who had been dressed and made up to perfection in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. She was on a mission, stopping at nothing to meet her fairy tale heroine.

We finally got to meet the Frozen princesses after only 90 minutes - bonus!! Lily was in her element chatting to the ice queen (or was that the other way round?!) Just kidding Lil ?

Bruce and I made sure to stop by Cinderella's Fountain for a photo - this is where he proposed, on bended knee, twenty two years ago. When we got home and went to visit his mum and dad, I had to hide my hand in my pocket for about an hour until he plucked up the courage to tell them - it proved very difficult, especially when they asked to see my new watch!

Back to present day and an ice cream sundae was a must for afternoon tea before hitting the queues again. This has been by far the busiest park on by far the hottest day. We were all ready for the sun to set and to settle in front of Cinderella's Castle for the Electrical Parade and the Wishes Spectacular fireworks show.

In typical Disney style, the show didn't disappoint. The crowd joined in with a rowdy rendition of 'Let it Go' as the castle changed into a scene from Frozen. I have fond memories of a seven year old Izzy, tears streaming down her face watching the fireworks over the castle, telling us she is the luckiest girl in the world. As always, it is with sadness that I leave this wonderfully magical place.... until next time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb