RIHLA #22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 12th 2012
Published: March 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

City's Speed-camera plan to start slowly, aldermen still wary



1. Summarize your article

The City concil is contemplating wether there should be speed cameras during school hours to monitor the speed of cars in intersections of schools. There will be no more than 360 camera locations for this program. Many aldermen are getting complaints that it is a "money grab" since if you are caught speeding between 6 and 10 miles an hour near school there would be a fine of $50 and if it is not paid on time there will be an additional $50. So far they are going to have test cameras to see if its nessasary to place cameras near the schools when they have enough data the cconcil will come into a decision.



2. How does your current event relate to topics or ideas that we have discussed in world history. Explain fully

This relates to when people are debating whats right or wrong for the country. For instance people in the Aztecs and Incas were starting to have a similar system such as our city concil to come to agree on certain things that people wanted for their land.



3. Is there evidence of cause and effect in your article? How so?

Yes, because the city concil is deciding on having speed cameras and are deciding to have data first to see if its nessascary to have those cameras placed in the schools. When that is done the effect would be that there would be less accidents near schools or at least less accidents near schools and childeren will be in a more safer enviroment.



4. What powerful questions does your article make you ask? What information do you need to answer these questions?

Where are they going to place the cameras? how long are they going to have the cameras there to decided on their decision?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb