RIHLA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
March 6th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. According to this article, how is modern slavery different from earlier forms of slavery throughout history?

This type of slavery dosen't focus on a specific race but it can vary. Also the gender is mostly female in this kind of slavery. People are not just working on farms but they are forced in jobs that they don't want to be a part of.

2. Why does this movement against human sex trafficking connect to the legacy of President Lincoln?

This connects to the legacy of Lincon because he had helped abolish slavery yet there is still slavery occurring in the U.S.

3. Describe the Polaris project. What do you think about this project?

The Polaris project is trying to help people who have been involved in human traffickinng. It is an Anti-trafficing organization. This organization inform others about what is going on and they actually give real live accounts of what is occurring around them.

4. Do you agree with this article – that human sex trafficking is a form of modern day slavery?

I do agree with this article because human trafficing is a new form of slavery. This is causing people to do things that they are not usually accustomed to and if they don't agree with the job they well get threatened.

5. In your opinion, can you think of any other examples of modern day slavery?

Another example of modern day slavery would be illegal workers. They are usually put to work the worst jobs with low pay. The people incharge of these workers often times aren't fair with them and don't even pay them. Sometimes if the workers try to ask for more than they have they will get deported.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb