RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 27th 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Foods:Columbian Exchange



How has the columbian Exchange & Triangle Trade affect current day foods and culture?

This exchange allowed for other countries to develop different foods for their area to become recognized based on that food. it helped form cultural foods around the world which made other countries unique.

Family Recipie: (sugar, chocolate, vanilla, tomato, potato, avocado, strawberries, pineapple, chilis, corn, sweet potato, peanuts)

Guacamole recipe:
3 jalapeño peppers
4 green tomatoes
1 garlic teeth
1 piece of onion
Pinch of salt
Bag of cilantro
Two medium avocados

1.Blend everything together except the avocado for at least 2 minutes, put one four of water when you blend it.
2. When everything is blended, you place the avocado in and blend it altogether. In order to prevent the avocado to get black you leave the seed from the avocado and squeeze a bit lemon.

1. What are the origins of this recipe?

Mexico



2. Does your family in someway identify with this recipe? Why or why not?

Yes, because they are familar with this recipe where they lived



3. Do you think people should have access to a variety of foods? Why or why not?

I think that people should be allowed to have a taste of different types of foods; they will be exposed more to different cultures as well.




4. In general, do you think food is an important aspect of one’s culture? Explain.

Yes, food is an umportant aspect of one's culture because it is mixed with their traditions. Some foods are even tied to different holidays people from different countries celerbate.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0864s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb