RIHLA #19


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 22nd 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Banned Books




What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?

Sex profanity and racism that make schools ban books from school library's.
Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.

No because it is hiding the truth from many of us also it goes against our rights. The first amendment ensures that none of us has the right to control or limit another persons ability to read or access information. Parents do have the ability to say what's not right for their children but their children only not to everyone else because in the end they are just opinions of others and shouldn't be focused on so much. People should be focused on how students can learn from these books and connect it to real life events and can look past that. What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?

They should be able to read everything because if they are hiding the real truths about racsim and other stopics that are being banned how will they be prepared in the real world. Parrents can't always be there for their child. People tend to grow up and learn not just be isolated by ever problem there is.

Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?

I think those that bring pressure to teachers on what they should and should not teach is the government. I think that they have the most power when it comes to doing such things as banning certain books for a state etc.

If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so

One way someone can fight against this book censhorship could be on stating why these books are helpful to them. This can help students get information from books rather than just asking parents that maybe might not know of all the history in the world or just certain events in genereal.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.291s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1726s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb