Banned Books


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 21st 2012
Published: February 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

What are some of the reasons that books are banned in high schools?

Some reasons of the reasons that books are banned in high school are due of the sexual content, language, racism, and violence in the books.

Do you agree with any of these reasons? Explain.

Yes, I agree with these reasons, but that makes categorizing books extremely important. Different genres and categories target different audience and discuss different topics/content.

What reasons do you NOT agree with (this means that you think high school students SHOULD be able to read about these topics). Why?

I do not agree that we should banned high school students from reading it because it is their freedom to choose. However, if we categorizing appropriately, we let the students understand the genre and pick their book of interest accordingly.

Who do you think pressures teachers on what they should or shouldn't teach?

I think parents pressure teachers on what they teach because they might want the teachers to teach the their children just like them. In other ways, they want the teachers to do what they "think" is appropriate and can influences teachers way of teaching.

If one wanted to fight against book censorship, explain at least one way in which they could do so.

One way is to write to public officials regarding book censorship and let understand the importance of freedom in literature.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb