RIHLA #2


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
September 19th 2011
Published: September 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

"Why Do Women Still Earn Less Than Men?"
1). This article relates to what we are learning in class because we were learning about some roles women had and we were learned how men have always been more dominant. It usually depends on the race too because sometimes males have different roles in different races.
2). I learned that the saying everyone treated equal is false. Women are not being treated equal in this society. Women earn only Earn 77 cents of a dollar that a man makes. I learned that even women who take on a "man's" job still makes less than a man. Something that was interesting to me was that the amount of money you make is basically based on your sex for many jobs, even people who had sex changes done had changes made in their pay.
3). A quote that urged me to speak up was "very often women aren't welcomed there" that shows that women are not treated equally. I think that because a man has the name man he uses it to the best of his ability. I feel that men know a women is capable of doing the same things as a man if they tried and a man doesn't like to see that happen because they feel like the women has power.

Advertisement



Tot: 1.254s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb